Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Owls

Found the idea for these owls on Pinterest (where else?) so I made one for each table.  I found the paper lanterns at the Christmas Tree Shop for 2/$1.00, and they had colors that matched with my theme, so that was the perfect price.  A little scrapbooking paper for the wings, some construction paper for the rest of the details, a little glue, and voila! I put a small clothespin hanging from each one so that I can label the tables and change the labels.  I might start the year with numbers, but I'd like to name the tables something like "Fantastic", "Super", "Terrific", etc.  Might be a good time to do that when we talk about synonyms and using more interesting words in our writing! 

I'm so glad I got the entire number line and all of the owls hung today.  Hopefully I won't need to drag the ladder out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment