Friday, September 7, 2018

Math Games Library

I love using math games. The kids love them and they're good practice for fact fluency. However, I wanted to have a bunch of different operations, levels of challenge, group vs. individual, etc. available whenever I needed them. I also wanted something kids could take home if they wanted to continue practicing because, let's be honest, Xtramath is a bit dull.

Therefore, the math games library was born! I pulled games from TpT, created some of my own, invested in lots of bins, bags, containers, clothespins, game pieces and colored paper. After plenty of printing, cutting, bagging, labeling etc., it's ready to go. Each game has a clothespin attached, and students "sign out" the game by placing the clothespin on their name on a chart on the shelf. That way we can keep track of who has what. We'll see how it goes!

UPDATE: The kids love the games! The U-Know games are the most popular by far, whether it is for in-class play on Fridays or to sign out and take home. The clothespins are working fairly well, but we did lose a game that just has a random clothespin in the bottom of the basket. Ahh, well.


No comments:

Post a Comment